Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome Everyone!!

Welcome to my blog " Spice of my Indian Life"!! I want to share with you a little taste of Indian culture and cuisine! My name is Mandita Patel and I have lived here in America for almost 10 years. I am east-Indian by decent and I grew up in city of Dubai in United Arab Emirates. I spent few of my teenage years in India before we moved here. Living in different countries has helped me experience different cultures and of course variety of cuisine! I have always loved good food, but my interest in cooking grew since I started helping my mother in kitchen very early on. Me and my husband Syed have always been open to trying different cuisines and when I like something I ate at an restaurant, I get inspired to try it at home. I have great support from my husband in experimenting in kitchen. My mother being a great cook herself, taught me the art of cooking. Her recipes were authentic and traditional but over the years I added my own touch to everything I cook. I have fused Indian flavors to American, Chinese, Italian and Mexican food. I still have a lot to learn but this is just one way to share my love for food by bringing you simple recipes, from my dinner table to yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment